Prep Time – 1 hr 30 mins
|Cook Time – 50 mins|| |
Total Time – 2 hrs 20 mins
The Guilt Free Turkey Lasagna Recipe is a great recipe for homemade Italian-style lasagne with leaner protein and less fat. The balance between the Béchamel sauce, Turkey meat sauce, Mozzarella cheese, fresh pasta sheets, and lots of fresh basil is a great warm and hearty holiday meal.
Yield: 18 Servings
Calories: 600 kcal, Protein 45g, Carbohydrates 50g, Fat 18g.
- 4.5 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 large white onions minced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 liters canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Club House La Grille Vegetable Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 15 pieces of fresh lasagna sheets
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese
- 2 liters of 2% milk
- 1 cup All Purpose flour
- ½ lbs unsalted butter
- Turkey Meat Sauce: In a large pot, over medium heat, sauté one onion and 3 cloves of garlic, add in ground turkey and sauté until browned. Use a spoon to break up the turkey into small pieces, cook until turkey is well browned, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 tablespoon of salt, 1/2 a tablespoon of black pepper. Pour in crushed tomatoes, sugar, basil, and Club House La Grille Vegetable Seasoning. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Béchamel Sauce: In a large pot, over medium heat, sweat one onion until translucent. Melt butter and add AP flour, whisk until there are no lumps. Pour in milk, stir in 1 tablespoon of salt, 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low, simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 12 inches by 20 inches by 2-inch hotel pan.
- To assemble, spread about 1 cup of turkey meat sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Place 3 pasta sheets on top. Spread with 1/3 of Béchamel mixture. Top with 1/4 of shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering three more times to create four complete layers. Top with remaining mozzarella. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 20 minutes to allow cheese to brown. Serve hot.