|Prep Time – 40 mins||Cook Time – 30 mins||Total Time – 1 hr 20 mins|
Teriyaki, Ginger & Garlic Herb Salmon, With Roasted Sweet Red Peppers & Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Turmeric Infused Rice.
Yield: 6 Servings
Calories: 450 kcal, Protein 30g, Carbohydrates 45g, Fat 12g.
- 4 oz. skinless salmon fillets
- 2 pounds of Brussels sprouts
- 3 sweet red pepper
- 2 cups of parboiled rice
- 3/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
- 1″ nub of ginger
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 4 basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 lemon for garnish
- Parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine garlic, ginger, olive oil, basil, thyme in a magic bullet or food processor until thin paste consistency. Marinate Salmon with garlic ginger paste and teriyaki sauce for 1 hour minimum or over night.
- Combine rice with double the amount of water or stock, and simmer till tender, add turmeric and mix.
- Cut peppers into preferred size pieces, in a hot pan with canola oil sauté the peppers, add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a hot pan sauté Brussels sprouts until browned, add garlic, salt, pepper and oregano, finish off in 400F oven for 7 -10 minutes until softened but still with a crunch.
- Bake salmon in 450F oven for 5 minutes, finish on broil for 2-3 minutes for a nice crispy top. Check doneness using a digital thermometer, reaching an internal temperature between 130F-135F for medium well.
- Slice lemon for garnish, sprinkle with chopped parsley.